POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : F-105 work in progress. Want to model the flightline at Korat in 1966 : F-105 work in progress. Want to model the flightline at Korat in 1966 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  F-105 work in progress. Want to model the flightline at Korat in 1966
From: larryfulkerson
Date: 24 Feb 2009 22:20:01
Message: <web.49a4b8353fe819b1955508870@news.povray.org>
I'm kinda new to Moray and have worked with POV for years freehand so this
experience with Moray is exilarating to say the least.  I'm using the latest
version of Moray....what is that 3.5 ?  And the latest non-beta version of POV
too.

I've loaded bombs on F-105's and love the aircraft so to model the flightline at
Korat, Thailand as it looked in 1966 I thought naturally, that I'd need the
aircraft first.  Here's what I have so far.  It's made up of no meshes since
Moray can't smooth meshes yet.  There's lots of Bezier patches and
translational sweeps in this model.  I can post the Moray model if anyone wants
to mess around with it or work with it on their own.

Next step is the landing gear and the armament hanging under the wings and
belly.
I have no idea how to do the UV mapping of "decals" yet and don't even know if
it's possible but I'll come to that bridge eventually.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'f105.png' (238 KB)

Preview of image 'f105.png'